Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What Jesus Taught Me About Mission Work


Take a look at Matthew 26:39. What emotions do you hear from Jesus? I hear fear. Jesus prays to God to save him from his impending crucifixion if at all possible. Jesus has already predicted his death and now he is at the point when he has to commit and he is afraid. Then he says that God’s will is the deciding factor. In verse 42 Jesus prays, “My Father, if this cannot pass away unless I drink it, your will be done.” With that phrase Jesus gives all of himself to God’s plan for our redemption despite his human fears.

At this moment in Jesus’ ministry I learned about my own mission work. Jesus taught me that fear in the face of my work is fine, but I still have to be a man who conforms to the will of God. There are times when I am scared that what I am doing will not work. God has plans and as long as you have faith and follow God, you are on the right track. My prayer in times of fear is that God continues to use me for His will even when I am scared.

- Ryan Jarboe (Aim, Italy ‘09)

No comments:

Post a Comment